A 10 minute, 5 ingredient dip.
- 6 slices round of Provolone cheese
- 4 small/medium tomatoes (I used vine ripened tomatoes)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling or dipping
- crusty bread (crackers for dipping)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces and add them to a bowl.
- Drain any extra tomato juice.
- Add the minced garlic, chopped basil, olive oil and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- In a small baking dish lay out 2 slices of the Provolone cheese.
- Add half of the tomato mixture to the baking dish.
- Add 2 more slices of cheese, then the remaining tomatoes.
- Rip up the remaining 2 slices of cheese and sprinkle it on top of the tomatoes, and tuck in to any spaces you want extra cheese!
- Bake for about 5 minutes…watch it carefully so as not to burn it!
- Serve with crusty bread or crackers!