First make the pearl couscous.
- Bring the water or broth to a boil.
- Then add the butter, and stir until it is melted.
- Add the couscous, bring back to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir a few times.
- Then remove from the heat and let cool. You can make the dressing while it cools.
- Fluff up with a fork before adding the dressing and salad ingredients.
Make the dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients to make the dressing. Mix well then set aside.
Roast the Corn:
- In a small skillet, melt 1 tbsp of butter.
- Add the corn and cook over medium heat until the corn looks lightly toasted.
- Set aside to cool.
Putting it all together:
- Prepare the salad ingredients: chop the avocado, slice the tomatoes, slice the green onions, and chop the cilantro.
- Fluff the cooled couscous with a fork.
- Then add the vegetables, mini bocconcini cheese and dressing to the couscous.
- Let rest for about 15 minutes to 1 hour.