- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 – 3 carrots (chopped)
- 2 celery sticks (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- 4 cups of home made chicken stock
- salt (if necessary (adjust to taste))
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked (shredded chicken)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a saucepan saute the carrots, celery, onion and green pepper in the butter for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle on some salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the thyme and cook for about 2 more minutes. Set aside.
- Bring your stock to a low boil, then add the rice, cooked chicken and carrot mixture.
- Lower the heat to low-medium and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, simmer for about 5 more minutes.